Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

You, Peter, are my friend and Lord of the Marsh.
  Michael is my love and Lord of Music.
Jim is my brother and Lord of the Mountains.
  Sheri is my sister and Lady of Friendship.
Sarie is my daughter and Lady of the Animals.
  Eve is my mother and Lady of Beginning.

It is you, who are building a bridge
  across the marshland, balanced
and generous, as you said you would.
  You build for everyone
to cross into the realm, where
  love abounds and peace fills
every heart.  You do not need
  this bridge you are building,
flying on gleaming turquoise wings.
   You say my wings are growing!
If that is true, it is partly 
  because of you.

It is also you, who rekindled,
  the world in me where we all are
lords and ladies, where the sea
  is my lady and the sky my lord,
the bag lady is my lady, the president
  my lord, a Siberian tiger is my lord,
and I am Annabelle, Lady of the Woodland Lake,
  who sees music and poetry in everything.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment