Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh my Lord, what nonsense! -
No me, not You -
nonsenses' antithesis...

How to piece together something,
anything, powerful in seconds,
before the library closes?

Overhead I hear every calm, laconic voice
I've heard in my life...
"The library will be closing
in 20 minutes. Please proceed
with your books to the front desk
at this time.  Thank you."

I have no books today - second on the list
for "Bill Moyers Journal,
The Conversation Continues" -
surrounded only by unfinished word
combinations I dance around sweating
to unlock.

The tigress she is, Annie Dillard said
something like...  don't save anything,
say it all, write it now,  and if you know
something, share it or it will destroy you...
among other things. Her wisdom kept me
pondering all day...  Now with fifteen minutes
to go, I race to figure out tumblers, the drumming
of my beating heart.  Can I hear my speaking blood
flowing to my hands?

Today studying Moon Beam without thought -
her golden, blinking, oval eyes,
unusual calico patterns of gray, white, pink,
her gentle movement transforming into
a stealthful, stalking lioness in seconds,
her soft paws, white, beautiful as spring lilies,
her needle nails, gray and pink nose -
an epiphany rose over the horizon.
Yes, I started thinking -
(often a futile habit, but not always)
God is curious, joyfully curious, about everything!
Nothing can be left out of this eternal pleased curiosity!

Today, I also semi-lied to Michael.
- Thought I would die, - Have to be cremated.
My epitaph..."Here she semi-lies, a semi-poet
of unfinished,  polka dot poems and songs."

"The library will be closing
in ten minutes."  Oh dear!
Well, I fessed up right away,
conscience in my hopeful mouth.
Weight of the dirt on my grave disappeared.
I burst forth like a geizer, my water self
settling to the ground.  Love!
His is of three elements.  It ribbons deep
into the earth that lives forever, rains lightly
with humor, knows, too, he makes mistakes,
using them like Michael Jordon - to learn.

Oh!  Dimming lights, the final call,
"The library is closing now."
The screen blinks, "You must log off
the computer now."
I'm bequeathed other chances to graduate with wings.
We're all bequeathed other chances!  Thank you Creator.
Computer off...

No comments:

Post a Comment