Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Today, I bought Isabel Allende's
  "The House of The Spirits"
      at Half Price Books.
   Tomorrow, I'm reading.
Don't call me.
I won't pick up the phone.
Don't stop over.
I won't hear the door bell.
I won't be home.
     I'll be in the book,
"The House of The Spirits."
being a fiery, sublime Chilean woman.
If you walk into my house,
you won't see me!
(Only my children and
my mom will be able to see me
and even they will only see 
a blurred, half-here, half-there me.)
The only thing that might
lift me out, tear me from a story,
a story in a book with brilliant pages,
   is music, acoustic music,
    lilting, acoustic music
     outside my window.
That worked once...
15 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment