Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

this rebel would refuse
      to live on
      bended knee
accept the penalty
of living with trees
peacefully - be a recluse
a fluttering leaf to this world
of power-addicted men
if not for her song and pen
and a young Orion
she in love spawned
with joy she cares
in duty bares
if not for the constant gentle breeze
and so she willingly
      bends her knees
      for now


No comments:

Post a Comment