Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

   Sometimes invisible.
You to me.
   Beyond words.
Words are sounds,
   like birds singing in morning.

  I adore, but do not always
understand words. And...
  You, across the world,
and here?  What in physics
  is that probability?
You're in the space,
  the myriad of places,
nations and notions,
  in Tarrae's ashes upon the mantle,
in Tarrae, invisible too.

  Breathing slow, I clearly see
details in front of me...
  like carefully painting my finger nails,
far away... when I need a telescope,
  past...  like Debussy's Claire de Lune -
I'm learning in my living room -
  future...  melting ice.

  A sap, a sapling, in love
with my piano,
  I always return to
hugging trees,
  swimming across lakes
like glasses of iced tea,
  trying to relate with
only kindness
  because of my sense,
my love, of and from,
  You...

  who speak
all languages ever spoken,
  who speak without speaking.
You, who are...
  nothing and everything.
Somehow,
  in You, I find me.
In me, I find,
  You...

No comments:

Post a Comment