Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

         Sonnet 21

Never mix wine and poetry?
Sir Michael where have you been?
Wine is poetry, poetry is wine
like roses, chocolate, a violin
serenade, love in the shade,
made! Sandwiches and burritos
guacamole, salsa and dortitos
is love in the sun, happily won.
Add dark beer or iced tea, oh my!
In cheese and bread Lady Annabelle
sees the foundation of poetry lines
from the beginning of time,
where the Holy Spirit is Chef,
Love in the Milky Way Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment