Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

                    Sonnet 15

There are honey bees in my bonnet
with white and yellow daffodils on it.
Two egrets, five turtles, one willow tree,
an affected picnic table, peppermint iced tea,
and lilacs I'm bringing home with me.
As a matter of fact, I'll bring home the sky! -
because the kind older lady walked by.
I pointed out five turtles sun bathing,
my favorite egrets gracefully grazing,
mentioned I write sonnets of nature praising.
She said, "You look like a writer of sonnets!"
Instantly, honey bees flocked to my bonnet,
all of these joys heaped brightly upon it.
Sweet heaven! I look like a writer of sonnets!

No comments:

Post a Comment