Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

                Sonnet 16

"How do you continue on," you asked,
"poem after poem, song after song?" 
not understanding me and my cast,
where my part, my attention belongs.
I answered, I cannot stop, it matters not
what is past or future or what thought,
whether my hair is stormily knotted,
or brushed, shining, perfectly smooth.
I will weep a sunken life and die, for
if put in a cubicle without paper, pen,
time, I will not be myself who you bore.
- Too much Shakespeare, not enough Zen :)
From you, I love things good, things green,
know hope and kindness, where Zion is seen.


To my mom, whose enthusiasm for life,
glows inside me and from that and heaven
springs my music and poetry.  Eternal thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment