Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm not throwing this verse in the air.
Woosh!  Here, there
and everywhere
like boiling water thrown up
in -20 degree weather,
evaporating.

I'm writing a birth poem.
No more living by default.
My life beginning,
every breath more -
the first 53 years,
an awakening tour.

Today the phone is ringing,
loved ones and friends singing,
Happy Birthday! You're 54!
Happy Birthday! You're 54!
No more rambling idly amiss.
I'm going to follow my bliss!



Thank you dear Joseph Cambell, who said, "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors to you where there were only walls."  Must reads from him are: "A Hero with a Thousand Faces" -1949-, and a series interviews with Bill Moyers, that also became a book, "The Power of Myth."

No comments:

Post a Comment