Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today as we walk across softening,
alabaster Langton Lake, thick ice
thaws, melting on this winter's edge.
Signs appear too in steps off the lake,
like the changing of the guard and
their heavy, warm apparel.
Rich moss, the color of green peppers,
covers a spot of grounded branches,
buds of varying tones pastel the trees,
gray shrubs turn to red or purple
and willows weep a wispy,
dazzling sun-bright gold.
Everyone we met stops, smiling
to say, hi and how are you?
commenting on the beautiful day
and what a beautiful dog Onyx is.
I feel in harmony too
this growing vibrant change,
beginning inside my body.
It feels almost as if,
wild and wondrous,
I'm giving birth
to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment