Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Only... only 10 pounds to loose
no focusing on past bleak news,
I am changing my mind to brighter hues.
On my way, I'm leaving my guises.
"Out" are elephantine portion sizes,
"In" is giving up chocolate cake.
Yes, and Merlot marinated mushroom steak.
No sodas, chips, cream in my coffee,
candy crunch walnuts with chocolate and toffee,
delectable burgers, french fries, brie,
strawberry ice cream, cherries jubilee,
blackberry, current and blueberry pie,
salmon with bearnaise sauce, my, oh my!
When foodies talk food, the limits the sky!

Only... only 10 pounds to loose
having to pay for yesterday's dues.
I'm singing a paradoxical blues.
In a new direction there's someone to see.
Who?  A healthier, happier, beautiful me!
If I win a poetry contest or two,
I'm flying to Paris to visit the Louvre
see Vincent's painting for inspiration
sit at outdoor cafes in celebration
drink red wine and watch people walk by.
In the US, we over work. I think that's why
we're busy, stressed and gaining weight
rushing to eat what's on our plate.
No more thinking of past bleak news
I have only 10, only 10 lbs. to loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment