Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Friday, February 3, 2012

"I will not be complete without you."
he said. I'm unable to move or breathe,
mesmerized. I'm hearing these words
again as the music and credits evenly end.
Walking Little Running Horse*, I look up,
and ask aloud, "Stars, is there such a man for me?"
They sparkle optimistically.  Back home,
I take off my boots, coat, mittens, scarf,
get ready for bed and brush my teeth.
How wondrous, incredible I can see
a passionate, interesting man in my future.
With no desire to read, I turn out the light.
I fall asleep gently to hear again dreaming,
"I will not be complete without you."


*For those of you who don't read "Four Lines" regularly, Little Running Horse is the nickname of our 90lb husky, lab, great dane (says the vet) mix, who runs fast as a Japanese train!  The only person who can run as fast is my 14-year-old son, Orion. Orion named our dog Onyx Infinity and I nicknamed her Little Running Horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment