Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

He's writing again....
witty, winsome words
charming compliments
a manly gentleman
with considerable aplomb

He's writing again...
shares my language, laughing love -
"With your sweet singing lips in mind, dear Annabelle,
I request the pleasantries your countenance divines"

He's writing poetry again...
in his opinion
it's all about the kiss
the deal taking
deal breaking
ending far from the finish line
kiss or...
the deal waking
deal making
kiss that speaks...
of love and more kissing
the kiss humans desire
yes, more than rain
more than fire in the north and south poles
the kiss that touches the soul...

I'm writing again about his writing...
an epigram, jocund, cleverly crafted
that leaps off the page reminding me
of Jane Austen's novels that
I love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment