Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, October 28, 2012








Through the painter’s forest

City dreams behind
Leaves snow to the earth
Momentary wings


In this fusion of fall
Leaves snow to the earth
Momentary wings
Shadow and light falling
Autumn colors on my shoulders

Tired of not writing,
I bought free trade coffee beans
with Michael's money,
(He is missing my visions.)
loving from afar,
peering into my treed path.
My own spirit's foot steps I follow,
through the painter's forest -
leaving city dreams behind.
In this fusion of fall, 
leaves snow to the earth,
momentary wings,
shadow and light falling,
coating me in autumn colors...
            ...waking, wandering wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment