Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Okay, enough already!
It’s a futile misunderstanding of the world
to wish winter away -
like insensitive words.

Snow I love -
fresh flake and flood,
shoveling in the driveway
my blue coat turns white
as flour and we wake
to moonstone evergreens.

Yet no one claps or stands for ice
and a freezing March is without glory.
It is coats, boots, gloves, hat, scarf,
long underwear, sweaters, ear muffs,
on and off, on and off, and on and on,
and the sky stays white,
and everything is blurry gray,
and we’re growing old in the United States.
Indeed.  It’s easy to magnifying
what is liked least.

Okay. Acceptance baby -
bring it on!  I wish only to be here now.
In Minnesota.
I'm going out into this icy c..c..cold.

Under all these layers
is a warm me.




No comments:

Post a Comment