Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Monday, July 23, 2012

So much to love in the world --
I block out the rest,
let it pass by, fiery clouds,
disappearing, unattended.
TV never on.  Do I choose
to read, listen to what leads
towards an early burial,
my day, my bed in a grave,
like an album stuck on a phrase
and no one is home?

No.  There's much to love in the world --
I focus my passion on heros...
ghandi, keats, einstein,
galileo, renior, beethoven, tolle,
kate bush, joni mitchell, spinoza,
and what I perceive in my midst...

his sweetness like blueberries,
his brown-gold eyes, a pisco sour -
sour and sweet, handed to me
on his knees - a lord to his lady,
a lady to her lord. I'll give him a world
to love.  Mine filling with light...

So much to love in the world --
gold finches, oak trees, moms telling
about their days, friends elevating
consciousness up to K2 - Balti - Sarikoli
and beyond, who laugh out loud often,
want you to grow, who love you forever.
Just as parents love their children.
Just as whales love their pods.

So much to love in the world --

No comments:

Post a Comment