Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia
All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I promised myself from now on I will love
trees instead of men.  Trees are easy to adore,
being beautiful, and their beauty changes
with the sky.  Trees are huggable, easy to talk to,
will not leave no matter what and are just
as pleasant to gaze upon at 39 or 139!

Today I saw a man as beautiful as a tree.
Our eyes met in that time-less space.
I was in seventh grade again unable
to stop starring at John Thelie on the bus.
And Nora Jones was singing in my mind...
"Come away with me in the night..."
Oh dear!  I ran like hell out of there,
but not before he ran after me
and handed me his business card!

Four lines from Emily Dickinson

I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
you, unsuspecting, wear me too --
And angels know the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment