Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia

All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Saturday, December 13, 2014


Our hearts are not our own,
pumping every beautiful moment,
moment by moment,
all of our lives.
It is easy to claim it mine,
my heart,
this heart inside me.
I believe I choose
to give or not of my heart
as I choose to give
a bouquet of lilies in winter.

Who gives you the heart?
Who gives you the heart?
Is it given to you or 
are you given to the heart
pumping moment by moment,
every beautiful moment,
inside you freely?

I say, the heart is not your own.
It is mine as mine is yours.
It is the heart of every life,
every life that has lived, is living,
and ever will live. 
The heart is shared.
You know what the heart shares,
moment by moment,
every beautiful moment forever.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment