Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia

All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I remind myself
it is a matter of wonder
each moment, simple or complex,
does not matter
warmth in noon September sun
does not matter
loss of mittens in December
does not matter
when or where dying befriends
does not matter
gentle holding of my hand
my hand the telling of my heart
does not matter
letting go, an open palm,
does not matter
listening to breathing, rising bread, 
falling souffle as the table is set,
a piece of dark, Dove chocolate
melting music in my mouth
they do not matter
his tender kissing of my face
does not matter
winning any kind of race
does not matter
daffodils breaking
through Minnesota snow
clinking glasses, eclectic conversation
hugs as friends and family leave
wrapping presents with tender care
do not matter
Mount Ranier above the rain
if one does or does not see
these do not matter
green locks of the willow tree
do not matter
except for wonder
except for wonder
I remind myself wonderful
I remind myself often
wonder matters


No comments:

Post a Comment