Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia

All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Yes, I can't sleep.
It is your face,
the comical look,
one eye closed, chin forward,
lips crooked, that face,
I see in my mind's eye,
that makes me burst out laughing
at 1 am.

Yes, I can't sleep.
It is your face,
as you lift a glass of wine to me,
eyes sparkle, sincerity flows -
no one toasts like you.
I feel like star dust that I am,
clay on a potter's wheel
shaped with yours.
It is that face,
I see in my mind's eye
at 1 am, that makes me think,
you're color I adore
after winter.

Yes, I can't sleep.
It is your face
I retreat from,
turn to the book,
the one you bought me,
because otherwise I might
pull an all-nighter
jump out of bed at 1 am,
run to the piano to write a song,
Yes, that would be
the second song you inspired.
It is easy to see CDs.



No comments:

Post a Comment