Welcome to Four Lines! I have a goal I would like to write at least four lines of poetry or a haiku every day for the rest of my life. I'm excited about this challenge! Also, along with my daily poem, I will be reading at least four lines of another author's poetry. I'll try to include that here also. So I'm thinking - how difficult can it be to read and then write one poem a day? We will see! - Claudia

All poems on this blog, unless noted, are written by Claudia Callaghan.
© 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Claudia Callaghan
Used only with permission. Please feel free to join Four Lines and request permission.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Ten pounds, raw, ripe rounds of delicious, margaritas.
One slow kiss... one sip with salt on the rim -
hmmm....  another sip tastes lime on my tongue...
two long kisses, oh... love, tequilla, grand marnier,
you.

Ten pounds, raw, ripe rounds of tempeh stir fry sizzling
with crisp brocolli, kale, garlic and coconut milk.
One hot kiss... one taste mingling with galangal root,
lemon grass dancing in my mouth -
hmmm... another taste I move my chair close to you...
two kisses more, oh... love Thai fragance heart shaped,
whirling around me and you.

Ten pounds, raw, ripe rounds of decadent chocolate
ganache spooned over chocolate almond torte.
One sacred, swooning french kiss,
God kissing you kissing me..
one bite of bitter sweet, darkness light cacao full
of antioxidents - hmmmm... creating celestial ideas,
causing the brain to expand... two kisses, three, four,
more... your skin on my lips, oh... love, almonds with
dark chocolate, butter and, especially, you.

Ten pounds because of love, on my thigh, my arms,
my stomach. You say you see beauty. 
If I want to lose these ten pounds of happiness...
you, a man of men, see action as the appetizer,
accompaniny a margarita, Thai stir fry, chocolateness...
kisses...
action as the appetizer?  hmmm.....bring it on baby!
Lovers and foody runners.
You and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment